Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Lost tileicon

Exclamation Lost tileicon

Dear Xara...

There was a recent Thread about the creation of a site's favicon.

I recall in XDPXv9, you released a 'fileicon' that was 144px square and used when pinning a website to the Desktop.

I can no longer create such in XDPXv16.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Lost tileicon

Wasn't that something we created then saved to a specific folder? I am not sure this was ever a Xara thing.

Bug Re: Lost tileicon

Tileicons & Favicons

v9 improves Favicon support for Internet Explorer producing anti-aliased alpha-channel favicon images. In addition if you apply the name ‘tileicon’ to the same graphic it will export a much larger (144px square) version of the favicon that both Windows 8 Internet Explorer 10 and iOS devices will use when you add or ‘pin’ the website to the home screen.
    Bottom of page: https://www.xara.com/us/designer-pro/whats-new/older/ > Pro X9.

If you pick an object in v16 and add Name 'tileicon', the object is no longer published and should, therefore, being doing something else.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-05-06 22.43.57.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	124036

Note that the icon is far smaller so only the JCB favicon is being accessed. It does not drag with Edge only IE.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 06 May 2019 at 10:51 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

One step forward. Two steps backwards.

Gary I like your new eye. How many do you have?