Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with captions to photos

Hi folks yet another small problem that appears to give me headaches and for the life of me cannot find the reason. Have produced a site for some friends which contains a travelogue of pictures divided into different countries. (page for each country). I have placed the photos in position on the pages (no gallery used) and now they want comments added to each one.
    Now the fun starts I cannot get the titles to appear on the picture. Select photo, web properties, click popup image select to 8oopx, fill in the captions wanted, select options including show caption, apply. Test picture pops up but no captions!

Have I missed something simple? Driving me nuts!

Ken

Info Re: Help with captions to photos

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi folks yet another small problem that appears to give me headaches and for the life of me cannot find the reason. Have produced a site for some friends which contains a travelogue of pictures divided into different countries. (page for each country). I have placed the photos in position on the pages (no gallery used) and now they want comments added to each one.
    Now the fun starts I cannot get the titles to appear on the picture. Select photo, web properties, click popup image select to 8oopx, fill in the captions wanted, select options including show caption, apply. Test picture pops up but no captions!
    Have I missed something simple? Driving me nuts!
    Ken
    Ken, I have included an example file: mentorman - image captions.xar.

I followed your directions and added the Titles of the input boxes to ensure you could see what came from where.
    I also added Web Animation > Mouse-over > Show pop-up text (Title), which is the third approach that adds a hover to the thumbnail and not the actual pop-up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Help with captions to photos

Hi Acorn sorry for delay in reply but got called out. Something strange is happening. Your sample worked fine with both captions and mouse over. Changed the settings on the page to exactly the same as yours but no titles.
    Went to another site and added the settings (as per yours) and hey presto the photo did what it was supposed to do. Did the same to a second photo on the new site and back to square 1 as the second photo refused to display the titles or respond to the mouse over. whilst the first one was ok. Third photo again with same settings (different titles) would not display titles.

Much scratching of head. I suppose a reload of the programme is the only way forward as it seems to have lost its way somewhere. Unless someone else ourt there has had the same problem (and solved it)

Ken

Ken, I would look closely at your current file. There may be a Widget that is affecting the code on your page.

Open a new file and copy one of the images across and recheck. If it all works it is your current file that has the issue.
    It is unlikely that the program is at fault.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn will do. It makes more sense. Will let you know if it gets resolved. Thanks for the usual efficient help and patience.

Ken

Acorn-cracked it! (thanks to you). It would appear that I have an old " centre Hi slide" add on running on each page to centre popups when selected. I made this a repeating on each page as there were some 20 pages of pics. I did a test page as suggested and the captions appeared. Went back to the actual page and removed the widget and the captions worked ok. Now how do I centre the picture popups on each page without this widget which has served well so far?

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Acorn-cracked it! (thanks to you). It would appear that I have an old " centre Hi slide" add on running on each page to centre popups when selected. I made this a repeating on each page as there were some 20 pages of pics. I did a test page as suggested and the captions appeared. Went back to the actual page and removed the widget and the captions worked ok. Now how do I centre the picture popups on each page without this widget which has served well so far?
    Ken
    Ken, I use:
    Code:
    <script>hs.align = "center";</script>
    in the website HTML code (head) for this.

Acorn

Hi Acorn thanks will try that code in the head as I keep forgetting to place the widget on appropriate pages. Further to my question after a lot of searching I turned up an old answer you gave some time ago on a similar problem. I was still getting the occasional refusal to show titles on occasions even after removing the widget. head scratching again. It transpired from your previous bit of help that there is a problem with showing titles if the photo has a shadow attached.
    Removed all the shadows and Bob's your Uncle-success!
    Thanks for your invaluable help as usual

Ken