Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Webdesigner Pro updating from 15 to 16 problem

Hello, I have just updated from 15 to 16 and expected my preferences to have been saved, which they were not as it just loaded a new version without overwriting the old version.

I have a lot of websites and use ftp to upload them and all of the log in details will need to be re-entered.

Is there a file in v15 that I can just transfer to 16 to save doing this all manually please?

Default Re: Webdesigner Pro updating from 15 to 16 problem

The settings for the user interface have to be done again with each upgrade. With regards to uploading updates of website, Xara allows you to save those within in the .web file. Go to Utilities/Web Properties/Publish and chek 'Save Publish settings in document'.

Welcome to TalkGraphics EspanaPete

I have moved this to Dear Xara. This issue comes up every time there is an update or new release and it has never been resolved. But bringing it up again. It cannot be THAT HARD to create a file with user preferences that can be imported for updates and upgrades. Can it?

As I understand this info is spread out in the registry - if it were easy to do I think it would have been done at the time of Xareg

Xara just did not evolve with the 'config file' approach that some other programs did....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    As I understand this info is spread out in the registry - if it were easy to do I think it would have been done at the time of Xareg
    It was actually included in version 1.2 under File/Save/Settings. However it worked less than perfect, so the feature was not included in follow-up versions.

sorta ties in with what I was saying.... ?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by EspanaPete View Post
    Hello, I have just updated from 15 to 16 and expected my preferences to have been saved, which they were not as it just loaded a new version without overwriting the old version.

I have a lot of websites and use ftp to upload them and all of the log in details will need to be re-entered.

Is there a file in v15 that I can just transfer to 16 to save doing this all manually please?
    ...which is precisely why I never use Xara to ftp anything.

I always export and upload with a dedicated ftp program...
    however, having said that, your passwords should change.