Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Much used plug-iin no longer works

Hi Handdrawn and Ray,

Many thanks for your reply. I should have said what the problem is!

Note that I am using XDPro 16.1.1.56358. I have XP on two computers as per licence, can I re-load a previous version to run alonside ver 16.1.1 that might allow me to use the plugin?

Yes, what happens is that as soon as my cursor goes anywhere near the font selection drop-down the whole thing crashes and I have to use task manager to shut down XP and cambridge32 shows as not responding and also shuts down closely after XD shuts down. I have checked on two computers that the plugin is correctly addressed.

As an interim have simply created a close approximation to the specific effect of the plugin I was using. I could refine it a bit more, but by substituting all the headers then it will not be too noticeable. The top words are the effect of the plugin the lower ones are my rendition, only took a couple of minutes, so good practice (I will fine-tune the effect before I publish, don't know how to get the wavy line look).

However, it would be good to get the plugin working again

Many thanks fo ryour help and kindest regards
    Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Approximate plugin effect.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	30.8 KB 
ID:	123999  
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU