Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

video Xara please take mobile seriously

Again I am posting videos on what seems to be a major disappointment and incompetence on the part of developers on Mobile design.
    Here is Xara's template at 480 px. I have not touched anything other than output it to hosting and viewed it on my Andriod and the latest Ipad, both have similar issues.

The iphone too but I do not have that but know that it gives the same horrid results.

Check out how the screen does not fit in view horizontally and now vertically on ipad (look at the white space left because of it) Also on the Andriod notice the screen shift left to right
    when veiwing it horizontally.

I have bitched about this for a long time and nothing has come about it from Xara. I think the reason why no one else is bitching is because no one else really does mobile or maybe no one cared to test it or mention it?

I will have the videos up for a month, so hopefully Xara staff can view it. If nothing is done, I am moving to another camp.

video 1

video 2

Default Re: Xara please take mobile seriously

It's better to post this in the 'Dear Xara....' forum where there's a better change of Rob-Xar seeing it.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Again I am posting videos on what seems to be a major disappointment and incompetence on the part of developers on Mobile design.
    Here is Xara's template at 480 px. I have not touched anything other than output it to hosting and viewed it on my Andriod and the latest Ipad, both have similar issues.

The iphone too but I do not have that but know that it gives the same horrid results.

Check out how the screen does not fit in view horizontally and now vertically on ipad (look at the white space left because of it) Also on the Andriod notice the screen shift left to right
    when veiwing it horizontally.

I have bitched about this for a long time and nothing has come about it from Xara. I think the reason why no one else is bitching is because no one else really does mobile or maybe no one cared to test it or mention it?

I will have the videos up for a month, so hopefully Xara staff can view it. If nothing is done, I am moving to another camp.

video 1

video 2
    I don't think the videos have much value without the design files that should go with the site and a link to the site online.

I have moved this to Dear Xara.

Paul the design files anyone can get. It is the ones that come with Xara. I have it on here but only for a month then I will delete it.

Link

In Xara it is called single site websites > generic theme

I've checked the link with all the browsers on my Samsung and I don't experience any of the issues you've outlined.

Samsung J3, Tab A and Meizu Note 6 reporting for duty. Flipping from horizontal to vertical works as it should. To be fair, the Tab opens the desktop site, but the J3 and Meizu are very different resolutions and screen sizes and open the mobile variant.

I went to the apple store and tried the latest iphones and the results are the same. Video to soon follow.

I'm sorry this is happening, but I also find it interesting. I'm working off the link in #5, does it fail on ALL the devices you've tried? I can quite easily test on different flavours of Android but may struggle with Apple, especially the latest versions.

I'd be happy to ask around for specifics on model/browser etc. if you like.

Chris your so kind and helpful. I think Xara should have their own testing tablets/phone that are popular and recent, I am just showing how important this is to be ignored. Yes I have it failed on pretty much everything so far, even using the safari browser as you can see in ipad and below in the latest iphone.

Link below with the latest iphone at the Apple Store.