Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Trouble adding a new page

I've got a website that contains 2 variants. It was not made from a template. The site has 5 pages, and every time Ive tried to add a new page I get an error. Ive tried to add new page, duplicate the last page etc. I've rebooted the computer, I've installed any update and still cannot. Before I grab the error code I've just wondered if anyone has reported this. I have the latest edition WD with all updates. I'm stumped.
    Thanks if anyone has any ideas.

-Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Default Re: Trouble adding a new page

Hi Bill

Sometimes a site gets corrupted (there are probably a millions things that can go wrong.

Here is something you can try. Create a new site same size as the old site. Select the home page and Copy Page and in the new site Paste Page. (You will need to delete the first page in the site).

Now see if you can add new pages. And if so, copy and paste in place the contents of each page (or Copy Page > Paste Page).

When you have added your five pages see if you can now add a new page.

Report back.

Thanks Gary - that's going to work. A few of the links are changed - but I can make new pages. Pretty scary actually. Would you know if everything for the site will remain the same - widgets / passwords / layers etc. ? Because the name of the site is obviously the same on the upload.
    Thanks again

Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design

I would verify everything. I suspect the FTP info will have to be recreated. I hate when things like this happen. But they do. And they happen to all of us.

Thank You Gary. I messed around a bit and deleted a template nav bar I had for the smart phone variant and suddenly the problem was gone. No idea what happened but I can now add pages on both variants. It was a good exercise but I learned something.
    -Bill
    Www.northeastspca.org
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design