Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X upload - font changes colour on iPad

This is extremely weird and I've been working on it for a couple of days now. Updated a website I maintain in my newly upgraded Designer Pro X and when I checked the pages on my iPad in Safari the 'normal text' had all changed from black to white, where it was in bold it looked fine. Everything else looked relatively OK, although I did struggle with some of the font sizes. In the end I reloaded the .xar file saved in Pro X in Web Designer 12, exported it and uploaded it again from there - the font colour had regained the black it should have been - see 2 clips. I tried a variety of things including giving the font a 0.1 black outline, changed the actual font, tried changing the colour and so on but nothing made any difference. This only happened in safari on my iPad, the mobile version on my iPhone was fine as was the font colour in every other browser I tried it in, including Safari on my PC.
    I did recall having the odd problem with web uploads before, although not font colour, and it was usually solved by re-uploading it in Designer 12 rather than a newer version.
    I also tried exporting the website from Pro X and uploading via a different ftp programme in case it was the actual uploading that went wrong but this didn't seem to make any difference either.
    I tried every option I could think of a large number of times, including deleting web cache etc, still no luck. Feels like I might have wasted my money on upgrading to Pro X.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clip2.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	123973
    Any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ipad clip.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	123974

Have just discovered a second similar issue with Pro X - another website of mine, fine on every other platform but on iPad Safari the text, not the normal text this time but one of the headings has been altered on the upload. Have just tried the same solution, opening it and uploading it from Designer 12 and it is now fine, see 2 more screen clips.

Hilary

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ProXclip.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	192.8 KB 
ID:	123975Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Designer12clip.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	123976
    Last edited by hsinclair; 28 April 2019 at 02:44 PM.

Default Re: Designer Pro X upload - font changes colour on iPad

Hilary, without an iPad I cannot really help but as your Petanque site is up and made with v16.2, I assume you solved your problem yourself?
    Such irritations are usually your local browser cache keeping past design changes and not refreshing (use Ctrl+F5).

Similar for Cutthorpe?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have been having the same issues. I develop websites for many clients and after an update I often hear about how they can’t see the updates and/or the website is all messed up. [a lot like the screenshots above] Which tells me it’s not just my cache but theirs as well, and probably any other person who visits the website.

I so confused… Is this a Web Designer” issue or GoDaddy or global issue?

I have also tried refreshing, hard reset, reloading the page, clearing cache in settings and sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn’t. I have 4 browsers on my computer and they all show the same mixed up results, so I was leaning towards it being a server cache issue, instead of the browser cache issue. I emailed my service provider asking questions, but did not receive a reply back from them.

Usually it resolves its self after several hours to 24 hours, but this isn’t a solution when clients are questioning you about why their website is a mess. One even yelled at me and I had no answers to give him except to wait it out to let it take care of itself. He didn’t like that answer too much and I didn’t blame him either.

@marjorie - raise the issue in just one place - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...212#post616212.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat