Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: My Own Fault

Hybrid View

Default My Own Fault

This is my own doing and no reflection on Xara.

I previewed a page in Xara and clicked the Edge icon as per usual. Now, I'm testing the Edge Chromium beta and I know it doesn't work for Xara previews, so when asked which browser I want to use I usually click Edge but leave the option to test Edge (dev) there because every weekly update I try it. Today I tested it again but stupidly left the tick in the Always Use option. It, unsurprisingly, still doesn't work with Xara preview...but I don't know how to get Xara to ask me which version of Edge to use anymore.

I tried swapping the default back to Edge, and I know I could uninstall the dev version, but I don't want to reset all the settings I've made. Therefore, I finally get around to my request. Would anyone care to take a stab at how I can get Xara forget which browser I told it to use?

Not your usual question and I don't expect this has been asked before either.

Default Re: My Own Fault

Perhaps changing a setting in the registry would remedy it. I took a quick look but unfortunately could not find specific settings for this.

I just got up and have not had my coffee yet so forgive me if you already answered this. When you say the Edge preview does not work, you mean it does not launch the beta you are testing correct?

If this is the case, when you click on another button to preview let's say in Firefox, I think the URL box shows a local host address. Can you copy this address and paste it into your beta browser?

Thanks for taking a look. I'll wait until it really annoys me then either simply install Firefox or uninstall the beta and reinstall. Next months release might be a full reinstall anyway, we haven't had a fresh release for a while, one must be due soon.

Ah no, Gary. It opens it but the beta just opens as if it's a new tab. It isn't worth digging too deep as it's beta and will be replaced anyway. I just wondered if there was a simple click here, delete that answer that someone had stumbled across for some strange reason.