Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Grouped objects in XARA with Transparency on the group > not sticking in AI

Basically what the title says. But I'll elaborate.

I noticed that If I place transparency, ( linear or flat ), on an object, convert the file to AI, Adobe Illustrator will display it to its users. But if I group the objects and then apply transparency to the group, AI will reject it.

Any workaround to this besides exporting an RGB png file?

Default Re: Grouped objects in XARA with Transparency on the group > not sticking in AI

You can convert the group to a bitmap, True Color + Alpha and apply your transparency.

Or export to PDF/X. In the attached the first object is a group of a blend and a feathered object with Screen transparency.

The second group is a bitmap with the same transparency.

Both come into Illustrator though Illustrator says there is an unrecognized shading group.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Grouped objects in XARA with Transparency on the group > not sticking in AI

Often, I put a transparency unto an object, then group it to apply a different additional type of transparency. And though I never export to AI (for that purpose), I often export to PSD, and a warning comes up that some of the transparency effects won't translate to PSD, but they still do (I check), so I don't really worry about it. Sometimes I export a vector shape to AI format, that I use to import to a 3D program, but I don't actually use Adobe Illustrator, so it's not an issue for me. I guess I'm saying sometimes some Xara transparency functions are problematic for other file formats, I recognize that, but haven't seen any actual translation problems.

Yea I hear you guys on that. I tend to work with multi professionals and in the States, Many people still have not heard of Xara and
    tend to use Adobe products or Coreldraw. So, basically I have tested different effects and often need to share files with others who use AI
    and Photoshop.