Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default 1 of the Pages content not showing when previewing website

WebDesigner 6

I finished a new website and I am now previewing it before uploading it on the web.
    But one of the page does not show the content?? It shows Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (41).jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	123940Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (40).jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	125.2 KB 
ID:	123941
    All the other pages are ok....

What can I do to have it working well?
    Thanks for the help

Default Re: 1 of the Pages content not showing when previewing website

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Go to the Page & Layer Gallery (on the right side of the page) and click the S icon next to the MouseOver layer. If you see your missing content on this page, that is your problem. Move all the content that should not be there to the MouseOff layer. (Click the S icon one more time to make all layers visible and make sure you have the MouseOff layer selected before you move anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphics

Go to the Page & Layer Gallery (on the right side of the page) and click the S icon next to the MouseOver layer. If you see your missing content on this page, that is your problem. Move all the content that should not be there to the MouseOff layer. (Click the S icon one more time to make all layers visible and make sure you have the MouseOff layer selected before you move anything.
    Right on
    But can you tell me how to > Move all the content that should not be there to the MouseOff layer. (Click the S icon one more time to make all layers visible and make sure you have the MouseOff layer selected before you move anything.

Select all the content you want to move on the mouseover layer. Then Cut it to the clipboard (Edit > Cut), then select the MouseOff layer and Edit > Paste > Paste in Place.

The pastes the content on the MouseOff layer in the same place it was.

Select all the content you want to move on the mouseover layer. Then Cut it to the clipboard (Edit > Cut), then select the MouseOff layer and Edit > Paste > Paste in Place.

The pastes the content on the MouseOff layer in the same place it was.

Hi Gary,

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my novice question ...
    I try to select the content I need to move and I cannot select it!! I try to use the arrow pointer or the Text button but I cannot select the text I need to move .. still stuck, sorry.

Hmm. Click the triangle/arrow to the left of MouseOver to open the layer.

Make sure the content is not locked (the lock icon on the right will indicate this)

If nothing is locked then my best guess is your content might be on the Page Background layer (which is locked by default)

Click the red lock icon to unlock the layer and then see if you can select the content.

If yes, cut and paste in place and then clock the Page Background layer when you are done.

I notice you have listed Web Designer 6 for your Xara product. Is this correct or have you upgraded? I ask because I am not sure if in version 6 (Web Designer is currently in version 16!) you can unlock the page background.

Hmm. Click the triangle/arrow to the left of MouseOver to open the layer.

Make sure the content is not locked (the lock icon on the right will indicate this)

If nothing is locked then my best guess is your content might be on the Page Background layer (which is locked by default)

Click the red lock icon to unlock the layer and then see if you can select the content.

If yes, cut and paste in place and then clock the Page Background layer when you are done.

I notice you have listed Web Designer 6 for your Xara product. Is this correct or have you upgraded? I ask because I am not sure if in version 6 (Web Designer is currently in version 16!) you can unlock the page background.
    That did the trick, many many thanks as this was quite frustrating!
    Yes, I am using WD6 .. I also have WD8 .. but I am afraid to upgrade as I would have difficulties editing older website made with WD6 or WD8 ..

Thanks for the timely and excellent assistance!
    This website of mine should be soon finished and replace the older version

www.TropicalSailingLife.com

Luc

I'm glad that worked out for you. I am only able to help because I have made that mistake more times than I am willing to admit.

Xara products are for the most part backwards compatible. So you should be able to open and save a file created in an older version. And if you save your file with a new name, you can always go back and edit the old file in your previous version.