Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default MechanicWeb Hosting

Does anyone here use the services of MechanicWeb Hosting please?

bob

Default Re: MechanicWeb Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Does anyone here use the services of MechanicWeb Hosting please?
    bob
    bob, well done, almost 500 views without a reply.

SSD capability is a sort of gimmick as the types of websites Xara generates are static and small.
    99.9% uptime is industry standard these days. Xara host is a paltry 98%.
    Server locations are few.You could trying pinging them to find out what your delay might be. I use CloudFlare (free) with my provider, which provides speed and locality.
    Te current offer of $3/m may seem attractive but it is only for one site. I use JustHost and it charges $4/m for similar functions and again 1 site.. However, ChoicePlus is only $7/m for unlimited sites.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

bob, well done, almost 500 views without a reply.
    Where are you getting this info (500 views) from Acorn? I don't doubt this is correct but surely if I posted:

Does anyone here use the services of xxxx Hosting please?
    How many TG members would use this hosting service? None would be my guess

I'd reply if I did use MechanicWeb as my hosting service but I don't.

Just feeling grumpy at present!
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg, it is the fact that the question is directed - a Yes/No answer will get few replies if the Yeses are in the minority.

The better question might have been "Are these better services than MechanicWeb, which I am considering?", against which I implicitly tried to offer methods of comparison so others could assess its worth and/or apply to their future decisions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Please, Allow me to reply with a link. I am using [link removed by moderator] with an automated hosting provided. [link removed by moderator]
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 May 2019 at 09:41 PM.