Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Building a website from blank pages

When building a website do I have to use a prebuilt website temple from the online catalog or can I build a new website by using blank pages? Just checking to be sure!

Default Re: Building a website from blank pages

A completely blank page(s) is absolutely fine. You do not need to use any presets, widgets, navbars or anything and your site will publish perfectjy well.

Thank you so very much for the speedy reply!!!

Make sure you choose a blank Web page. This delivers a MouseOver and MouseOff layer. Also you cannot add Variants without it being a Web page.

You can always change a design file to a Web page through Page Options > General > Document editing > Document type.
    You would then rename Layer 1 to MouseOff and add a new layer just above it named MouseOver.

Use Page Options > Page size to change the page dimensions.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, thanks for checking in!!! Yes I believe I got everything right. I see all the mouse over and mouse off in the drop down menu in the layer gallery . In preview website, all the buttons are working.

Sorry for the blurry screenshot as I know I have to work on that but hopefully you'll see the mouse over mouse off.

Thanks again!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	132.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	123931

I'm still working with the website made from blank pages and everything is going great but I decided to add more pictures with text to one of the pages that contains lots of pictures and text already. I want to add more pictures and text without adding to the bottom of the page so I would like to add below the top of the page just a little bit just under the title. So is there a way I can stretch the top of page add pictures and text? Boy that's got me confused, he-he! Thanks.

I'm pretty sure you can't expand the work area upwards, but there are several ways to solve your problem.
    1) Zoom out, marquee select and drag down then adjust the bottom of the page.
    2) ctrl+A to select eveything and drag down.
    3) Expand the Mouse Off layer and shift+click to select multiple oblects and ctrl+click to select/deselect individual objects

It's a bit cumersome if you have a LOT of objects and using the nudge arrows can be slow, but it's not too scary

Chris M, it actually worked perfectly! I was able to drag the selected items using the mouse off as you instructed. Xara, is very cool...
    Thank you for your professional advice!!!

Yes, Xara is very cool. I'm grinding my way through a Wordpress site at the moment and never realised how much I miss not being able to simply move something. Give me a blank sheet over templates any day.

You can use the prebuilt website it's easy to use.