Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I keep a block of text and some pictures all together?

Hi all
    I have a website - www.themilebuildingclub.com - to which I have added a new page - http://www.themilebuildingclub.com/solent%20sailing.htm.

I want it to be something like a Facebook page in that I can add content over time. At present when I add additional text it moves down over the pictures below. Also if I add more pictures they move down over the footer.

How can I keep the text and associated pictures together in the text editor (and the finished version). There are 3 versions of the page so it takes a lot of time to edit each one.

Also it would be good if when I amend the text it 'pushes down' the pictures rather than overlapping them.

As you can guess I am no expert at this - I am a sailor... Any advice would be very welcome.

Default Re: How do I keep a block of text and some pictures all together?

There's a few things you can try:

1. Soft group things so they keep positioning with each other. Like maybe a group of images.
    2. Anchor images to text so the image stays with the text when you move or add to it.
    3. Paste images into text column/area so it moves as you add more text before it

Also you can use "Auto FIt to Page" to keep things positioned relatively to the top or bottom of page when you resize it. Just right click on an object to get this option. So looking at your page you might set your content images at the bottom to always keep position relative to the bottom of page. So then when adding more content you will need to drag the page size down to make space. If the footer objects and images use the correct "Auto FIt to Page" options then they will move down with the bottom of the page when you extend it. Then you just have to add your new text content above.

There are a few different ways you can approach it and there is nearly always some manual editing to be done when adding in new content but you can use these features to make things easier.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Have a look in the Help file for Push. I think this is what you want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Push.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	178.1 KB 
ID:	124490  

Awesome - it works!
    This is going to make life so much easier.
    Many thanks for your help.

Nice tip Gary. I never use Push and totally forgot about it. I think because it's just so fast to move things around manually I never got into it. I must try it out again in some of my own pages going forward.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.