Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: repeating group

Hybrid View

Default repeating group

I have a repeating group for the header throughout a site. It has three elements. Although it shows as a perfect unit on the working page, it goes up to Preview with only two of the elements showing. We have checked layers etc to the best of our amateur ability and can't see what's stopping it. I haven't published yet, and I assume that if it's not showing on Preview it's not going to show when it comes to publishing. I'd be grateful for any advice: as always it's probably something very obvious. Thank you.

Default Re: repeating group

Are all three objects on the same layer? If not is the missing one on a pop-up layer?

Have you just used Preview or examined the grouping in a real browser?
    Preview uses deprecated Internet Explorer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Are any of the objects 'Sticky'? I've had a surprised look on my face more than once when a sticky object makes another dissappear.

If you have objects in the header that are sticky, they must all be sticky or stick to top. You cannot mix and match.

Also, make sure the header on all pages (and you may have to do this page by page) are on top (Arrange > Bring to Front).

Thank you so far. I am looking at all the replies. Although not exactly what you have said, I think it is leading me onto the answer (I hope).

Thank you. My theory didn't work, so I am still puzzling. We're not using sticky

On another try - there are two websites, one a tenth of the size of the other, but both have exactly the same repeating header that I am talking about. The smaller one does the right thing - sends up the complete repeating header on preview, as well as being correct in its fully published state.

The larger website's repeating header - exactly the same - shows the missing element on the workspace but doesn't show it on Preview. I have tried all the other browsers. We have also gone through comparing the two settings and layers and everything else I can think of, and they seem exactly the same. I haven't yet sent the faulty site up for publishing, but the smaller site not only does the local publishing all right but is now up and running as a public website, all the time showing all the elements.
    If nothing changes I suppose we have to simply copy the header from the smaller website to the large one.