Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: repeating group

Default Re: repeating group

(1) & (3) are probably due to your local browser cache not being purged as you have viewed the changig site so often,
    Try browser > Ctrl+F5 and in Chrome go to Advanced Setting and clear browsing date form there.

On (2), cannot help unless we see the problem first hand.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

How large is the site ... in MB?

Can you post the URL?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I am truly grateful for effort and helps, all of which I take note of. I have had to be out of things until now. I am having one last try to get this sorted, as I am way behind in the changing to Xara and it is taking up far too much of my time for no progress.
    In answer to previous messages -
    There are two websites, one very small, which is up and running www.walsinghamanglicanmedieval.org.uk It was once part of the larger site, but I hived it off separately so that at least something was appearing online. Size after conversion to html is 53 Mb size of web file is 37 Mb
    The second one is not uploaded because although it is almost ready to be so, I can't handle it because it is far too slow to use. There are many photographs, which presumably isn't helping. Size after conversion to html is 218 Mb size of web file is 119 Mb (I have had to cut it down anyway.)
    I know that I could split it up in some way which would be seamless to the user, but I think that by now I am past taking on all that extra work, having done this for so long without a proper result.
    I would simply be interested to know if this is going to be too large ever to go smoothly.

CK21, several members have requested you to attach your xar or web file. If it's to large to attach on TG post it to Google Drive or similar and give us the link.Without the xar web file we're all just guessing
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I'm sorry that I have had to fade away from time to time but I have had other responsibilities. I sent two or three messages which I didn't think had got through to the forum, but I can see a couple today, so I must be doing it right. I appreciate your willingness to help. I shall reply as soon as I can. Thank you.

I'm very grateful for all the help and advice from the forum. I am happy to send the web file and ask for your suggestions, but having thought about it a great deal in the last week I can see that whatever remedies are suggested, I will need a great deal more time to put them in place. I'm thinking particularly of the fact that the site is obviously too large for its situation and I shall have to do the splitting up that has been described to me. I've seen it in other websites, although I've not tried it, but I can see that it would mean a lot more work and time on my part, which I simply don't have - and after trying to get this done over the last two years, my motivation and energy levels are pretty low! Because most pages take over a minute to load I haven't even yet seen my latest version properly.

The website is nearly finished content-wise (although much cut about to try and get it to work here, and I would want to restore it to its proper size) and is very long overdue for going back up for use. So my options are two.

One is to go back to Dreamweaver - I only left it in order to make the handling of the website easier for my successor, but it did its job perfectly for me for eleven years - I have a copy of it still on local hosting and use it almost daily but only I can see it of course: I no longer have Dreamweaver installed (lost in a crash). But I have to rule this out because I'd need to catch up with the latest version etc and remind myself of it, and I haven't got that sort of time now.

Second is the professional option, which I shall have reluctantly to do. I've never dealt with a firm before, but that's a different problem, not for here.

As I said before, I'm extremely grateful for your responses, and that there is such a thing as a forum with people willing to help freely. (I hope that I've already made it clear that all I do connected with websites is entirely voluntary and non-commercial and I don't profit financially from anyone else's ideas!)
    Now I shall start the process of finding the place to hand it to, something I've never had to do before, but it will be a weight off my mind. I ought to have stuck with Dreamweaver and let my successors have the worry!