Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Popup layers - preventing images from other layers appearing

I have a website that has links to popup layers that all have popup images on them. I've done this as there a lot of images and I don't want a multitude of separate pages with the images on them. So the popup option mostly works fine, however when a layer is popped up and you scroll through the images and come to the end the images from a separate layer (not popped up) start to appear, I'd quite like to be able to stop this if I can. Secondly I've just created a new layer and when I start to scroll through the images the ones from a previous layer intersperse themselves between the images for the new layer. I've checked and haven't duplicated these images anywhere and can't see why this is happening. I have quite a lot of these pages and am very reluctant to redesign and regenerate them in a different format, but if someone has a better idea then I'm prepared to give it a try!

This is the link to the current page and I'm finding that the 2 images from the January Popup are appearing in between the first 2 images on the April popup. http://www.sheffieldwoodturningclub.org.uk/2019/

Thanks
    Hilary

Default Re: Popup layers - preventing images from other layers appearing

Add a rectangle on the layer that is the same color as the background.

Problem being is that Hilary's site isn't set to auto-close pop-ups Gary, so just adding a background rectangle won't solve the issue as each pop-up will be layered one above another.

I think the best solution is to use Sirans code:

popup: open "p3" popup: close "p1","p2","p4","p5","p6","p7","p8"
    on each button image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ah, that sounds like the best plan, Egg.

Gary just out of curiosity, remember my post with the effect scrolling in from the top and you said to block it by a rectangle. I tried that and it did not work. I also tried moving the layer that the rectangle was on and still did not work.

Hi Gary and Egg,
    just wanted to point to the addresss the "code" was taken from: https://help.xara.com/article/26-und...d-web-features
    Scroll down to "Pop-up Layers".
    Beside that I have the impression that Hilary is looking for something different.
    I guess the problem is that when opening one of the pop-up layers for January or April and there clicking one of the images the opened highslide slideshow also displays the images of the other pop-up layer (when clicking the next or prev buttons).
    I don't know if it is possible in V16 to group these highslide image pop-ups, but as far as I know it is not possible in V12.
    I created some code that works in V12, but can't tell if it will do in later versions. At least V16 uses a different highslide version.
    In the example there are two pop-up layers each containing two images. The highslide pop-up only displays the two images of the pop-up layer it was opened from.
    This is done by some code added to the page body section. And it is importand to be placed at the body because the HTML has to be available for modification when the code is run. You may place it at the site body though, or at a placeholder you are sure that is loaded after all the highslide images.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for all your thoughts will make a start with Siran’s suggestion - very grateful.
    Hilary

Thank you so much Siran, works perfectly. I could never have come up with this sort of code.

Hilary

I'm glad it works in you version as well, thanks for the feedback.