Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default xara products updates

No quite sure where to post this but I'm currently using Photo & Graphic Designer and Web Designer Premium both of which are telling me I have to update my service renewal, PGD 25th April at £29.99 and Web Designer on 27th April at £34.99. So my question is - with Xara Designer Pro X priced at £89.99 is it better to buy this, presuming there will be one price for an update in a year's time or will this continue to be more expensive than renewing products separately. Can't find an obvious answer to this anywhere.
    Hilary

Default Re: xara products updates

I found the big advantage with XDPro is that you don't have to cut and paste between two apps to design websites. IMHO, the single app is more than the sum of the separates.

If it's one or the other, Designer Pro definitely. It is the flagship product.

Quote Originally Posted by hsinclair View Post
    No quite sure where to post this but I'm currently using Photo & Graphic Designer and Web Designer Premium both of which are telling me I have to update my service renewal, PGD 25th April at £29.99 and Web Designer on 27th April at £34.99. So my question is - with Xara Designer Pro X priced at £89.99 is it better to buy this, presuming there will be one price for an update in a year's time or will this continue to be more expensive than renewing products separately. Can't find an obvious answer to this anywhere.
    Hilary
    Hilary, I don't think you can get a £89 new licence for XDPX even if you have the other two products. A new XDPX purchase is £199.

Sorry.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

that might be the price to upgrade from P&G to Designer Pro under one of Magix' endless 'special offers' ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    that might be the price to upgrade from P&G to Designer Pro under one of Magix' endless 'special offers' ...
    I did have a good look. Basically, Magix never offers much in the way of a genuine discount; it always puffs its offers up with things you don't necessarily need. The trick Magix are trying is to convince you of is that a 'want' is actually a 'need'. Caveat emptor.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-18 16_36_59-Xara Designer Pro X – The ultimate package for your designs.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	123923

screenshot taken from magix site 2019-04-18 16_36_59

caveat emptor, go figure
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-04-18 16_36_59-Xara Designer Pro X – The ultimate package for your designs.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	123923

screenshot taken from magix site 2019-04-18 16_36_59

caveat emptor, go figure
    But that is not an upgrade cost from a lesser Xara product; it is the annual subscription renewal (sorry, Update Service) when you already have XDPX.
    It is no wonder people get confused.

Acorn

point made I think

xara at least used to offer 'cross-grades'
    Nothing lasts forever...