Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Adding Additional Languages or Fonts For Xara Web Designer 12 Premium

Hi Ladies & Gents

Interested to know how we can use different languages. In the Process of translating a website manually to Chinese and caught of guard.

Copy and paste will not work since the font isn't present. The document language options under 'ABC' only show English U.K, U.S.

Must be a simply way, hopefully not much trouble.. really don't want to have to sit their and turn the text into images, crop then add.

If someone could point me in the right directions please, the languages i'm after in particular are:
    Chinese, German, Russian, French

Thanks in advance

Default Re: Adding Additional Languages or Fonts For Xara Web Designer 12 Premium

short update. More interested in Chinese, Japanese other languages can easily be added via copy and paste. Xara seems to be okay with Russian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch just not Chinese. Hopefully their is a way. Have spent hours already and just about got the home page translated however all the information remains which is going to take allot of hours to just get one finished unless someone is hired to do it.

Currently using google translate, Pasted to Photoshop, Saved as PNG and opened in Xara. Has to be done for over 5000 words. So any ideas would help...

Will keep working on it just in case, as mentioned just need to get the Chinese language complete and rest should be easy.

Default Re: Adding Additional Languages or Fonts For Xara Web Designer 12 Premium

Hello,

It seems that double-byte languages like Chinese are supported. I have Xara Designer Pro 11 and Web Designer 11 Premium. Both accept text pasted into a text box and show it ok. See picture: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara_chinese.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	223.7 KB 
ID:	123912 Try different Unicode fonts (Courier New worked in my case as shown).

Ok, that's good to know. Just tried it out and it works perfectly, Can't believe I missed it. Brings a smile to my face, thanks for sharing...

Anyway managed to translate the website to Chinese between now and last night, Using copy, paste turning each text into an image via photoshop. A task I look forward to not repeating in future. Had 7000 words which needed to be translated and wasn't sure if their was a way at the time so just got on with it, the answer was right there, just didn't look well enough... lesson learned for sure

Appreciate that once again, Feel this weight lifted of my shoulder

For the record these fonts worked well when copying and pasting Chinese text into Xara Web Designer Premium 12:

Ebrima
    Lucida Sans
    Malgun Gothic
    Microsoft Jhenghei
    MS Sans Sarif
    MS Gothic
    Nirmala
    Leelawadee
    Sagoe UI
    SimSun
    Tahome
    Yahei