Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Please help Anyone @Rob?

I have attached the widget here. Worked hard on getting it right to the clients satisfaction but the text output once viewed on a browser is less than desirable. The client hates it and it is not sharp/selectable. As was told by Acorn it is a jpg output.

Dear Xara, or anyone out there, can you fix this issue? I am on my knees pleading lol
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by gwpriester; 13 April 2019 at 02:43 AM.

Default Re: Please help Anyone @Rob?

I replaced your Xara file because you had your FTP settings saved in the file and replaced it with the FTP info stripped out.

Since Acorn came up with this suggestion let's see if he has an suggestion.

One thing you might try in the mean time is this. Set the coal image with no animation. Place a black rectangle over this and set it to fade in after a second or two. This will give the impression of the photo fading to black.

Have your text fade down a tick after the black rectangle fades in.

Hi Gary, OMG thank you for doing that. Is there a way you can tweek your suggestion for me?

I try to do something today. Meanwhile, Egg? Acorn? Any suggestions here?

How many of these are you planning to use on the site? And what does your client not like about this as it is? It works for me.

I published this to a page on my xara.hosting account http://gwpriester.xara.hosting/coal-test/ and it works fine.

About 10 in a page. She says the text is blurry.

The beef she has is about the blurriness only. Surely this will not work for mobile.

This does not scroll down but the text is grouped with the Image option to export separate images so the text exports as text and not as a bitmap.

Exporting the text as text instead of a bitmap will improve the sharpness of the text. Web Properties > Image > [ ] Separate Images for Group Members forces the text to export as text.

The easiest way to do this but you won't have the scrolling text, and if your page has a dozen images, do you really want each one to scroll? is to put these images on the MouseOver layer instead of a separate layer. But the downside until they get it fixed, is the separate images for group changes the linked text to blue and adds an underscore.

The workaround for now is highlight the grouped and linked text and manually change the color again to white, and to opt out for the underlined linked text in Web Properties. I expect this bug will be fixed soon. Xara knows about it and is working on a release to fix the problem.

Info Re: Please help Anyone @Rob?

Here is my scalable solution that allows text to be selected too: CSS3 - Scroll Down Ease - no jitter.xar

I went large but will work small as well.

All the objects should be soft-grouped to complete the widget. I added a transparency to the bottom box to show what it does.
    I used a Name of htmlclass="scrolldown" and the Page head for the associated CSS.
    All items are on the MouseOff Layer.

Acorn
    Last edited by Acorn; 13 April 2019 at 05:20 PM.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Here's a simple MouseOver approach. I think this is a more direct way to handle a page with many of these images.