Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Please help Anyone @Rob?

Thank you to you both for helping me. I will have a look at your solutions, however she wants the special roll effect that I have included in this thread. She complained about the sharpness of the text. I have done similar effects such as yours and she still wants the roll in efffect. You can check her site (home page) at globaltrainingsolutions.ca

Personally, the current site is TOO distracting and feels gimmicky. I'm sure the web designer who designed the current site went screaming off into the night.

I would try a row or two just using the mouse over with the live type and if she does not like it better, then move on. But I am retired so it is easy to be cavalier.

Hi Behzad, in the link above, the text looks sharp and remains as text, not an image. Here is the text copied and pasted from the Coal Handling slider from your site:

To help companies improve the knowledge and skills of workers and meet the demands of today's busy training manager, Global Training Solutions Inc. offers a practical solution with 20...
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Gary unfortunately she is a good friend of mine, can't do that. Yes her past designer might have done exactly that. ��
    Well I would show her a side by side with simple rollovers and then with the up down up down scrolls and ask which she likes better. And if you have to be honest then tell her your only resource for the scrolling text is the one you showed her.

Before I was retired and I had a client that was a PITA, I returned their advance check and said to find someone else. Life is too short.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 13 April 2019 at 10:37 PM.

Yes good point

Info Re: Please help Anyone @Rob?

behzad, try as I could I was unable to even approximate any Xara capability towards recreating the GTS Product rollovers.

Here is a method I've worked on in Page head CSS and Placeholder body coding.

CSS3 - GTS Products.xar
    You will have to add your font-family for the specific font you need.

Sorry it took so long but I was away on business.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, your God sent. Simply amazing. I feel like a reject not knowing how to code like you. Apparently my client went with the simple fade without the roll up and down effect that I had challenges with. Apparently you have solved it for me and I will present her with it. As far as which one she will choose is up to her but really thankful to you.

Info Re: Please help Anyone @Rob?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Acorn, your God sent. Simply amazing. I feel like a reject not knowing how to code like you. Apparently my client went with the simple fade without the roll up and down effect that I had challenges with. Apparently you have solved it for me and I will present her with it. As far as which one she will choose is up to her but really thankful to you.
    You are welcome. I left a small Easter Egg in the code: the leftmost image has a duff link:
    <p class="readmore"><a href="#" target+"-blank">Read More</a></p>
    should read
    <p class="readmore"><a href="#" target="_blank">Read More</a></p>
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

COOL