Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Replace certain webpages?

Hello all and thank you for all help. My question is, can I replace one or more of my published website pages with a page from the Xara Content Catalog without causing major problems? Thanks so much all.

bob

Default Re: Replace certain webpages?

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Hello all and thank you for all help. My question is, can I replace one or more of my published website pages with a page from the Xara Content Catalog without causing major problems? Thanks so much all.
    bob
    bob, you select a current design page and you open the Local Designs gallery or Online Content Catalogue and double-click or Import the wanted page. The new page appears below the selected page. You then access your current colour scheme.
    Make changes and Publish.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Good Saturday Morning Acorn,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this very helpful response. I sure do appreciate.

bob

Acorn, I am so afraid of making a mistake that I can't correct, I have a few more questions just to be on the safe side.

1. When you say "select a current page" are you talking about one of my already published website pages?
    2. Do I then open open the "online content catalog" in order to select the new page I want and then click on that page?
    3. The new page I pick is loaded below the present/old website page?
    4. Do I then delete the old website page?
    Am I on the right track regarding understanding your directions clearly? Thanks again for your time.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Acorn, I am so afraid of making a mistake that I can't correct, I have a few more questions just to be on the safe side.

1. When you say "select a current page" are you talking about one of my already published website pages?
    2. Do I then open open the "online content catalog" in order to select the new page I want and then click on that page?
    3. The new page I pick is loaded below the present/old website page?
    4. Do I then delete the old website page?
    Am I on the right track regarding understanding your directions clearly? Thanks again for your time.

bob
    bob, try not to overthink things.
    Adding a page to your design file is as you described here but you have to tweak links and NavBars. Do that before deleting the old page and test by Exporting locally.

It would be so much easier just to throw a mockup design file together and experiment.

You may be getting hung up with "already published website pages"; to check things are working all you need to is publish to a sub-folder and check it there before replacing the original site.

Your design file is a collection of design pages. What you put and where does not affect what has been published.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear Acorn,
    Thank you so much for your guidance and patience. You and others have gone out of the way to assist me and I am thankful. I will follow your directions. I sure do appreciate that I am still learning as well. Thank you again.

bob