Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Alt Text

Default Alt Text

I'm not a Xara expert although I've spent many hours with it. But my latest hitch is that I want to do Alt Text (1) to provide a caption if the picture doesn't go through, and (2) to show the text of a picture when the mouse hovers over it when it's there.

I do Web Properties,Image,"image caption (Alt Text)" but I can't understand why it works many times, but occasionally this text-appearing-when-mouse-hovers-over doesn't happen, even though I seem to have exactly the same settings on all the pictures I use it for. I've got the XWD handbook, but it never has the answers to things I want (because everyone else will know it!). I presume it's to do with layers, but I can't see any difference in my settings for those that work and those that don't.
    I expect it's obvious, but I can't see it.

(re previous posts - Sorry not to have thanked previous responders for helping. I was too preoccupied with my problems to get back. Much appreciated and both have worked.)

Info Re: Alt Text

In HTML, an image can include parameters of alt and name.

1. alt, for Alt Text, is added through Web Properties > Image > Image Caption (Alt Text).
    2. title, for hover messages, is added through Web Animation > Mouse-over > Show pop-up text (Title).

It is not obvious.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Alt Text

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    In HTML, an image can include parameters of alt and name.

1. alt, for Alt Text, is added through Web Properties > Image > Image Caption (Alt Text).
    2. title, for hover messages, is added through Web Animation > Mouse-over > Show pop-up text (Title).

It is not obvious.

Acorn
    Thank you very much for the solution, and thank you for saying it is not obvious: I think you're right. I now see why a few worked - because someone else did a few for me, but I missed the punchline. And I got thrown by the word Pop-Up, because I didn't want that sort of caption.

All going perfectly now thank you very much. So well that I shall turn to the forum for one other publishing problem I have, which I can't resolve from the manual.