Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Favourites icon?

Can this product have a favourites icon that displays on the browser tab? Look at penninescouts.org.uk for an example

cheers

Alan

Default Re: Favourites icon?

Very easy to do. Open the Help file and go to 'Displaying your own icons in browser tabs: favicons.'

Or to save you a trip. Create a square image. With the image selected click on the yellow tag Apply Names... icon, name the image favicon, and clikck Add.

The image will export on publish and will appear in the browser tab and in the bookmark.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	favicon.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	123866  

I'll just add that the image (favicon) does not need to be on the Page area, just push it off to one side or above the header section.
    Also, one image on one page covers the whole site, no need to repeat it on all pages.

Thanks all - sorted.

Hi Alan, I don't think that example is a very good example of a favicon. Not intending to be critical, it's just looks like a very blurry pyramid. I note your link is a WordPress site, not a Xara site. Favicons are displayed as 16x16px images so can't contain much resolution, they only hold 256 pixels.

As example I attach a couple of xar files with simple favicon images. You'll need to preview them in a modern browser, they don't show in Xara's default IE browser.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg,

Thanks for the update and ideas - that site is changing so the icon will be updated.

Alan