Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Site search?

Default Site search?

How easy is it to add a site search option to a web site? I can't see one on a quick look

thanks

Alan

Default Re: Site search?

Alan, this is possibly your best bet: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...803#post599803.

Xara sites do not have in-built search as they are static and do not run server code, which is typically what is required.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. I'll look into that, but other s/w (WebPlus, WYSIWYG etc.) has dedicated buttons etc. for site search. I'm surprised that Xara doesn't.

Cheers

Alan

I have moved this to Dear Xara in hopes of getting one of the delveloper's attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sh View Post
    Thanks. I'll look into that, but other s/w (WebPlus, WYSIWYG etc.) has dedicated buttons etc. for site search. I'm surprised that Xara doesn't.
    Cheers Alan
    Alan, I have already tackled some approaches with Xara itself but nothing has emerged.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Cheers Acorn,

I'm not expecting miracles. I've bought the s/w now, so I want to make use of it. But maybe not for sites that need (or users expect) a site search- or indeed any PHP (as I recently found out).

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sh View Post
    Cheers Acorn,
    I'm not expecting miracles. I've bought the s/w now, so I want to make use of it. But maybe not for sites that need (or users expect) a site search- or indeed any PHP (as I recently found out).
    Alan
    Alan, PHP can be applied. All you don't get is a full rendering on local Export; you need the server to run PHP. If you are using the "service" provided by Magix, no PHP. [https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...php-with-Xara]

The widget providing a Search mechanism still works and is usable.

Acorn

Oh is that all. That's fine then. [I don't use Magix and I have a local NAS box which has PHP for testing]

Cheers

Alan