Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Xara Xone Fadding Away

I went to look at an old Xone Tutorial to pass some time and the download file is missing and the pictures in the write up are all gone. It looks like Magic has not kept all of the content so the old Xone may not be of much use any more. What a great resource to let slip away.

Ray

Default Re: Xara Xone Fadding Away

Hi Ray,
    This link for YouTube Video Tutorials seems to be alive and well, but the original Xone site seems a bit wonky.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Not sure what is going on. The original XaraXone that I managed is at http://archive.xaraxone.com/

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Not sure what is going on. The original XaraXone that I managed is at http://archive.xaraxone.com/
    Gary,

I did not know that you had a separate site. Good to know and thanks for keeping it around.

Ray

Barbara B the TG administrator set up the archive with OG (other Gary) Bouton took over the XaraXone when I retired. I think it represents about 15 years of work.

And a resource that shouldn't ever be lost. Many current and ex members of TG learned a great deal from your excellent and detailed and often humorous tutorials Gary. Always loved the "give yourself an eye break" comments
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    And a resource that shouldn't ever be lost. Many current and ex members of TG learned a great deal from your excellent and detailed and often humorous tutorials Gary. Always loved the "give yourself an eye break" comments
    I absolutely agree, Egg.

When Corel lost my previous registrations and insisted I had to purchase a full version vs. upgrade, I went looking for an alternative. I downloaded a few trials of various software. One of which was XDP. I visited forums, read/watched tutorials, etc.

Aside from the fact XDP was faster to go from a to z than most others, it was a tutorial Gary P. had done on the XaraXone that sold me. I think I even wrote Gary an email thanking him at the time and attributed that first tut I did of his as the largest selling point.

Mike

You're going to me me weepy. Thanks.

Yes, I had a similar experience with your tuts on the Xone selling me on Xara. Your previews of new releases were also something to really look forward to. They visualized and explained new features in such a way that I couldn't wait to upgrade. I'm not trying to make you weep; just expressing my appreciation for your service all those years!

I was thinking last night, what exactly IS Magix doing?

Kate Moir and others at Xara used to send out the Xara Outsider once a month that was always fun to read, had tips and tricks, images created by Xara users, and updates on Xara products. There was a Xara presence on Facebook with frequent posts on new products and links to what was going on here at TalkGraphics. A lady from Magix was going to be involved on TG to help with tech support. I think the only post I read was her introductory post.

Since Magix took over "marketing and support", there has been nothing.