Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Where do emails end up?

I know, I'm sorry, this is a really basic question. If it's been covered elsewhere, forgive me, I did try to search.

Ok, I have a domain with Xara and am currently going through tutorials as it's about time I did something with it. With my old one (Serif) if someone emailed, say, admin@numpty .net, I would pick up those emails from the Serif secure site. Where would I find the equivalent with Xara? I have looked, obviously, in the Control Center, but that's really just the basics about the domain and space usage.
    What am I missing (apart from commonsense)? Where have all the emails gone? (cue music ...)

Many thanks.

Default Re: Where do emails end up?

Where have all the emails gone? (cue music ...)
    Long time asking. (You should be ashamed of yourself)

I am not sure if there is an email server with a Xara domain name account. Does anybody know?

You're not wrong. I can't believe I've had my 'new' Xara web design software for [whispers] the best part of three years and done nowt with it yet. Lucky I pay for the annual upgrades.
    If it's not possible, obviously, knowing how others get around it would help.

You can link to a gmail account for email.

gmail sends me quite doolally tbh. If no-one really knows, I'll email Xara direct and see what's what. It's quite a basic thing to be able to easily send and receive emails using your domain name. For the organisation I want to set up it's actually more important than the website. If I need to consider a different hosting service then that's what I'll have to do.

Let us know what you find out.

Domains provided by Xara do not come with an email account. Log into your Xara online account. You have the M-Hosting package which comes with the purchase of Xara (or an upgrade or a 1 year renewal). There is no webmail account.

I also have a Magix Online package which does have a webmail account associated with my domain name. This is a legacy thing, only with Magix online, not with Xara online.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks for that John.

Personally, I would go with a full service web host. An account is not that expensive and should come with a lot more features, including email support.

Hi Gary,

I agree, a full service web host is definitely better and usually comes with email support and database capabilities.

Since a domain name comes "free" with Xara DPX and we get a coupon that can be used for the renewal each year, I am using the one provided by Xara. It's for my wife and she doesn't need or want email support.

I also use the one provided by Magix for my web site as it serves my purpose and it comes with the Magix on-line album.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thank you all for taking the time to respond, it's appreciated. Because I'd already had email service included when I was with Serif, I hadn't appreciated this wasn't standard. I'll have a look into 'a full service web host'.