Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default mobile menu can become a mess

So here is a video to explain what I mean. As you can see the more indepth I make my menus the uglier it looks and harder to select a page. It would have been nice if Xara made it so that the pages would have a shade or shadow effect to stand out from the rest as the user selects pages.

Is this possible. What solution is there?

https://nimb.ws/Y8zmD7

Default Re: mobile menu can become a mess

The only solution is to create your own mobile menus using layers. I prefer this anyway because the buttons can be big enough to read and to touch easily.

Acorn may have a CSS solution.

Thank you Gary, care to show me a sample of what you have done for yours? Also going back to the issue, I think dimming the lower menus, would solve the visual effect that I am looking for.

A mobile menu should be a flat as possible and list depth is nigh on unmanageable on a hand-held.

If you want a CSS Menu to highlight the current page, you probably need some JavaScript to iterate all the Menu links to check against the page URL. When found, the JS adds a class of "current" to the link and CSS link.current is set up to a different colour or highlight.
    All this could be crafted manually so each page has a slightly different CSS Menu, removing the JS at the expense of hand-coding. There are other approaches and making this work back up a tree of sub-menus would be quite interesting (hence my initial keep it flat statement).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

normalibman.com and gwpriester.com

If you want to dim the content under the menu add a rectangle with transparency behind the buttons. I think you are best off with normal transparency though Multiply might be supported. Not sure.