Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why is it now so difficult to submit a bug report?

Rob, I have been doing print work for years with Xara and my pdf's look great. make sure you change the setting to 300 dpi. If you need help just email me and I can show you.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Rob, I have been doing print work for years with Xara and my pdf's look great. make sure you change the setting to 300 dpi. If you need help just email me and I can show you.
    Thanks very much for the offer of help but the problem is not with knowing how to create a good pdf. Like you, I have been doing this successfully for a long time. The original problem I had (and still does not seem to be understood by Magix Support) is that I have a Xara page on which I have added a photo. I have then altered that photo to a specific shape using a mould and a clip view but on output to the pdf the shape is being changed so that the photo no longer has the same shape as in the Xara file. This is a clear bug in the pdf export routine.

Hi Rob, what happens if you select the Mould & Create Bitmap Copy?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Rob, what happens if you select the Mould & Create Bitmap Copy?
    Thanks for the suggestion. That solves the problem as a work around and is very useful but the fact remains that the export should work correctly. If you can't reply on the pdf export to be accurate you have to carefully check every element of the pdf just to make sure that nothing has happened during the export. As I said earlier in this thread my real concern is that the Magix support process made it awkward to report the bug and did not seem to understand the problem correctly so I'm concerned that the error won't get back to the developers for them to eventually fix it properly.