Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two Heading 1 Tags

I understand that this is not a SEO group but I just wanted to run this glitch by you. I don't want to wear out my welcome here but I thought you might have some input and if you don't want to answer this post then that is okay. I have double Heading 1 tags on each page of the website I just built. I see them in view page source.

After I uploaded the responsive website file into the cPanel and published I then checked the view page source on my website. I noticed that I had two Heading 1 tags on each page.
    When I use the view page source I also noticed that each of the two Heading 1 tags are highlighted in different colors. Heading 1 tag is yellow and the other Heading 1 tag is orange. Is that an indicator for something?

I thought maybe I should change the Heading 1 tag on the mobile phone side to just normal text but then I thought if I do that and since the mobile version and the desktop version of the responsive website are really altogether then that may just confuse the search engines.

So what should I do? Is this the norm and if so am I good to go?

Thank you!

Default Re: Two Heading 1 Tags

again, your H1 headings are in different DIVs that handle the Main and Variant.
    Only one is viewed at a time.

You may have put a link and a rollover on the H1 header. Again, you will get two H1 tags that are a natural design element.

Neither should affect SEO.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thank you but I'm not sure what you mean by a link to rollover.

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    Thank you but I'm not sure what you mean by a link to rollover.
    When you mouse over the text, you have added a MouseOver layer to handle some transition effect.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I understand now what you're trying to say! I just double checked in Xara and by observing the Status Line bottom left hand corner. It says mouse off when I highlight the Heading 1 tags with the cursor. I also checked my website live and there is no indication when mousing over the H1 tags.

So I feel at ease and trust your word that my H1 Headings are in different DIVs and that the search engines will only see one H1 tag at a time.

Thanks for being there!!!

Thought you might like to know and this is an update to this thread. When I first started this thread I said I seen two H1 Tags in the View Page Source between the main in the mobile variant. So far I built three main and mobile variant websites and published them using Xara and I do not see two H1 Tags anymore and I have been checking for the last two weeks or so. When I first published my first website I noticed I seen two H1 Tags along with all the data for the variant and all of the data for the main with in the view page source but now and since I have been checking over the past few weeks I no longer see that doubled up data and H1 Tags. I would think when first publishing a website everything is doubled up and after a short time it translates into one data package in the view page source for the mobile and main and even if doing a notepad variant. It's nice to see the main and mobile variant are packaged in one neat View Page Source. Just wanted to let you guys know.