Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down Re: MP3s will not play..

Nothing really wrong with it but the site reports:

• 22:34:06.312 /index_htm_files/PDthebeginningMono.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.316 /index_htm_files/WarofWorldCommercialMono.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.333 /index_htm_files/OpeningPDpod-Reilly.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.348 /index_htm_files/PDthebeginning.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.396 /index_htm_files/ItBeginsButton.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.409 /index_htm_files/PDAprilFoolsintroMono.mp3:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:34:06.634 /favicon.ico:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    • 22:35:15.986 mediaelement-and-player.min.js:27 Uncaught (in promise) DOMException

You have not uploaded the MP3s.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: MP3s will not play..

Love your thought process Acorn.

Everyone - 'This way chaps. CHARGE'
    Acorn - 'Hmm, I'll go this way I think.'

Acorn, thank you for that information. When I l look in the a-index folder it shows all the MP3s. Plus when I do a Page Review the MP3 bars show empty. So, I can't tell if it's Xara or the server. The files play fine in MSmedia player and any other audio app. Should I reinstall Xara to see if that'll correct the issue?
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

I took a couple of screenshots: Top one is Xara with import. The bottom is Page Preview.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP3error.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	123865

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    I took a couple of screenshots: Top one is Xara with import. The bottom is Page Preview.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MP3error.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	146.9 KB 
ID:	123865
    GuG, neither tell us which Layer you are importing into.

Also we need to know how you Publish (Xara or FTP).

It would be pointless re-installing the application until you know where the fault lies.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I import, then make sure it's the top layer. I publish with Xara. It's always worked before, but for some reason it isn't now. I don't see a way to import to the top layer, so I just make sure it is after import.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    I import, then make sure it's the top layer. I publish with Xara. It's always worked before, but for some reason it isn't now. I don't see a way to import to the top layer, so I just make sure it is after import.
    It ought to be the MouseOff Layer.
    Sticking MP3s into a "top" layer will ensure they sit above anything on a lower layer until the "top" becomes a pop-up whereupon the MP3s 'disappear'; you would then have to have a pop-up control to display the "top" layer and its MP3s.

Acorn

How did you get to be so smart Acorn? Yer' an Ace. Thanks loads.