Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't Center YouTube embedding Image

I'm trying to center a YouTube video embeding but that image will not center and show any function buttons and is completely off-center.
    This is what I'm doing according to a Xara instructional video online.

1. Draw a square with the rectangle tool.
    2. Right click in the square and click on web properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
    3. Select placeholder.
    4. Select HTML code body and paste embed code from YouTube.
    5. Place a checkmark in the re-generate placeholder image automatically in the placeholder dialog box.
    6. Click apply and ok.
    After following these instructions the YouTube Image won't center even though I'm using this stretching handles.

Default Re: Can't Center YouTube embedding Image

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I'm trying to center a YouTube video embeding but that image will not center and show any function buttons and is completely off-center.
    This is what I'm doing according to a Xara instructional video online.

1. Draw a square with the rectangle tool.
    2. Right click in the square and click on web properties at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
    3. Select placeholder.
    4. Select HTML code body and paste embed code from YouTube.
    5. Place a checkmark in the re-generate placeholder image automatically in the placeholder dialog box.
    6. Click apply and ok.
    After following these instructions the YouTube Image won't center even though I'm using this stretching handles.
    again, can you supply the code?

Usual problems like this need the width and height to be set up.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn, check it out.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/92flLsFWbc0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Info Re: Can't Center YouTube embedding Image

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    Acorn, check it out.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/92flLsFWbc0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Change to:
    Code:
    <iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/92flLsFWbc0" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    or

Ensure the Placeholder design width and height are 560 x 315px.

I prefer the former with the Placeholder on 560 x 315px as it then can be scaled.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yeah, it's something that needs to be stretched out until the player fits. I previously had the width and height set to 560x315 but it's not as easy as one would think.
    Thanks for looking into it!