Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default TRANSPARENCY, AND WEBSITE LINKS

Out of the blue, with a recent update, it's become FAR more difficult to get Xara to make objects, especially with drop shadows, transparent. I group it, and go to the "image" tab in "web properties", and set it to "PNG (best for graphics)", which used to do it, and now, not so much. I generally have to "create bitmap copy" now. I'd rather use the vector I created generally. This makes it so that if I update a website built with a previous version, and publish, things that were transparent, now are not, and the background becomes part of the graphic.

ALSO, it used to be you could hide text in a group, and it wouldn't follow the "Website link colors" settings in the "Website" tab. Suddenly, text buried in groups (like on buttons) on sites I built years ago, upon doing a slight update with 16, are suddenly turning to links , and turning the wrong color, where they weren't before.

Some insight into this anyone? I don't understand why, from one version to the next, these things need to change. It makes me not want to upgrade. I'm paying for this stuff.

Default Re: TRANSPARENCY, AND WEBSITE LINKS

If you are using v16.0, you may have difficulties around individual objects and grouping.
    Have you upgraded to the v16.1 fix?

Acorn

P.S. your TG profile is dated.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This is what Acorn is referring to. A features added in V 16 does not work properly causing some of the issues you are referring to. With the group selected make this change in Web Properties > Image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one image.png 
Views:	56 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	123831  

Thanks Gary,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I do all updates as soon as I'm alerted to them by the software, and my version has the "one image for whole group" option. That being "ticked" seems to be the default setting, and I don't think I've ever changed it. I'm assuming you're saying that it's supposed to be "ticked" for better results?

And, regarding text grouped into buttons that are suddenly following the "website link colors" where they previously had not been? or should I make a separate thread?

And, regarding text grouped into buttons that are suddenly following the "website link colors" where they previously had not been? or should I make a separate thread?
    I think this is a related problem.

Quote Originally Posted by edmiston99 View Post
    No need.

If you have an untainted pre-v16 example, could you upload that here (possibly in your Backups)?

Acorn

Well, of course, NOW I seem to be unable to duplicate the issue. I must have downloaded a fix somewhere between the last time I had these issues, and now. Hallelujah. Thanks guys. Any more problems, and I'll revisit.