Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Size issue

Default Size issue

Hi sorry if this sounds silly but i think i might have gone a bit wrong with the file i use for my website, it would seem i have done the whole site in one tab, it now takes ages for anything to updat even if i set it to updated pages, the index page along took 5 mins to update. Is there and easy way to fix this or will i have to rebuild the whole thing - I dont mind i have to i just thought i would ask here for any suggestions

Thanks in advance Jack

Default Re: Size issue

First thing to check Jack is whether you're using a Supersite. Go to Web Properties / Website / Web Export Options / and ensure Supersite is not selected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	17.5 KB 
ID:	123820  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have just checked that, supersite is not selected

I have checked again supersite is not selected - what else can i do to sort this issue out
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Web Issue.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	63.9 KB 
ID:	123842

Jack, I don't understand what you mean by in one tab.

How many pages and images does your current site have?
    Also, is "set to updated pages" what I understand as Xara's Fast Publish?
    Have you compressed your images for web publishing?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, i have 2 tabs open at the mment but have nly ever used the main one there`s 28 of pages in that tab i have no idea how many images - when i upload its set to "only updated pages" As for the images themselves i just added them resized them and uploaded

Name:	Web Issue2.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	123844

Info Re: Size issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
    Hi Acorn, i have 2 tabs open at the mment but have nly ever used the main one there`s 28 of pages in that tab i have no idea how many images - when i upload its set to "only updated pages" As for the images themselves i just added them resized them and uploaded

Name:	Web Issue2.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	123844
    The Documents Tabs may not be relevant to your time issues.

There are some things we can assist in the design file and the others are by you on your machine.

Machine first.
    Are you running the 64-bit Xara Desktop application or an earlier 32-bit?

If 32-bit then your computer memory is constrained.
    If 64-bit and you have only 8GB RAM then you need to close as many other applications as possible. The second Document Tab (Coundowns) could be saved and closed but this will only help if the file is also very large.
    You can check through Control Panel > System and Security > Task Manager: Memory column against your Desktop application.

I have to assume your "only updated pages" is a mis-remembering of Web Properties > Publish Settings > Fast Publish (Only changed files).

Have you used Utilities > Optimise all images > Settings and, changed the resolution and pressed the Optimise button? This tunes you images to be adequate for web viewing.
    Ensure you have your master images already in a safe area.

You can test the effectiveness of the above by Exporting to a local folder and checking the overall size of the ../index_htm_files/ folder before and after.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If i do this resize thing now will affect the original photos
    I have also imported the file you suggested and it`s quite a big one 385mb
    Last edited by Jack Terrier; 07 April 2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Terrier View Post
    If i do this resize thing now will affect the original photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Ensure you have your master images already in a safe area.
    Acorn

I dodnt see this post, all images have anon copyrighted version in different folders if i do thast process and upload it will it replace the lager one i know these are daft question i just dont wanna bugger the whole thing up