Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
Mike - Then you are OK with Xara's CMYK color?
If a design is made using CMYK color, the exported CMYK TIFF matches those colors. In that sense, I am happy with the export. It doesn't matter whether I open the TIFF in PS, PL or whatever—and why this particular print establishment is even using CD versus Corel PP is beyond me. Their print software ought to be able to use either application when using DTG print processes. Anywhere I have sent DTG does so.

What I am not happy with is Xara products lack of color management. LCMS is OpenSource. There's no good reason not to roll it into the appropriate Xara products. In these couple of threads by the OP, what that means is there is not the option to characterize image output by the same color profile a particular print service is using.

As mentioned in the other thread and as Ernie mentions, PDF with an embedded profile is the surest means of color transfer to CD. An Xara application-generated PDF using the same color profile as the receiving application (in this case CD) will remain exactly as designed. If this process is followed, there is no reason at for this print service to use a bitmap. However, if that's what they want and the OP cannot choose another establishment, then that's what the OP needs to handover.
Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
Each year I convert about 100 10 x 8" stereograms from PNG to RGB TIFF and submit these to our Japanese publisher and let the publisher convert the RGB to CMYK. I have been happy with the reproduction. Though I am not specifically matching colors so as long as the color looks convincing, I'm happy.
Unless you know exactly what profile and/or process they are using and you are happy, there's no reason to change. I don't know what process they are using, but they may not even be doing application conversion. I send stuff to some vendors frequently that RGB data is what is sent to the print device and the colors pop better than if I send CMYK. Their RIP software characterizes it specifically for the print device and that's not something one can do on the desktop application without the print device's color profile and even so, it cannot truly be embedded (characterization on-screen only, which is useful for tweaking color).

Mike