Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've been setting up a (so far) single page web site for a local choir, http://www.bristolvoiceschoir.org.uk/ using Front Page 2002 and WebStyle. All was well. Then I put the Natural Voice link into the Nav Bar - the first link; saved and uploaded the page and the relevant files. And the Nav bar had disappeared!
    The page was OK when viewed from the hard disk but not online. After deleting the complete site on the server and re-uploading - still no Nav Bar.
    I thought that there was some fault with the horizontal nav bar java script so I deleted it and re-edited the nav bar and saved. And found that the javascript file had not re-appeared on my disk. But the Nav Bar was still functional from the hard disk!
    Eventually got the Nav Bar back by deleting it from FrontPage, and doing Insert/Xara WebStyle 4/Nav Bars and Menus, recreating the Nav Bar, saving it to the original folders and placing it where it should be. (Thanks to Bb2 for this tip)

Why should WebStyle stop generating javascript? Or was it generating the script but not saving it any place I could see? I get the impression that WebStyle is trying to make simple something which is immensely complicated, and that it does not take much to derail the whole thing.

But it does allow someone like me to make goodlooking web pages.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com

I've been setting up a (so far) single page web site for a local choir, http://www.bristolvoiceschoir.org.uk/ using Front Page 2002 and WebStyle. All was well. Then I put the Natural Voice link into the Nav Bar - the first link; saved and uploaded the page and the relevant files. And the Nav bar had disappeared!
    The page was OK when viewed from the hard disk but not online. After deleting the complete site on the server and re-uploading - still no Nav Bar.
    I thought that there was some fault with the horizontal nav bar java script so I deleted it and re-edited the nav bar and saved. And found that the javascript file had not re-appeared on my disk. But the Nav Bar was still functional from the hard disk!
    Eventually got the Nav Bar back by deleting it from FrontPage, and doing Insert/Xara WebStyle 4/Nav Bars and Menus, recreating the Nav Bar, saving it to the original folders and placing it where it should be. (Thanks to Bb2 for this tip)

Why should WebStyle stop generating javascript? Or was it generating the script but not saving it any place I could see? I get the impression that WebStyle is trying to make simple something which is immensely complicated, and that it does not take much to derail the whole thing.

But it does allow someone like me to make goodlooking web pages.
    Geology in the Bristol Area
    www.wega.org.uk
    Walking in the Auvergne
    www.churchard.com