Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default LOST MY "SHAPES" FOLDER IN LOCAL DESIGNS GALLERY

Hi-
    I recall recently updating the latest Designer ProX version
    and suddenly I find my entire "SHAPES" folder is gone from the
    local designs gallery. Looks like a lot of the website themes I had painstakingly
    downloaded are also missing.

Not sure how to get the shapes folder back specifically.
    Anyone else experience same?

Any thoughts or advice on how to remedy most appreciated! '-)

THANKS, BOB

Default Re: LOST MY "SHAPES" FOLDER IN LOCAL DESIGNS GALLERY

I'll see if someone from Xara can respond to this. Won't be until Monday though.

Bob, it is possible you have fallen foul of the change introduced at v16.1 release: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...m-Version-16-1.

Your old downloads are still available.
    In your Local Designs gallery, click the Disc designs button and enter a path %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache\designs\eng \components or go down as far as the Shapes folder and click the Add button.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Bob, it is possible you have fallen foul of the change introduced at v16.1 release: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...m-Version-16-1.

Your old downloads are still available.
    In your Local Designs gallery, click the Disc designs button and enter a path %localappdata%\Xara\XtremePro\16\Cache\designs\eng \components or go down as far as the Shapes folder and click the Add button.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn-

Tried that and it told me there war no INDEX for same and asked if I would like to add one.
    So I did and basically saw an added index below which leads to the cache etc. There's a shapes folder
    in that "tree" but nothing there but one "square" and blanks showing.

I read the other thread you linked me to, tried that and basically the same.
    It looks like I'm stuck. If I reinstall from the 16 exe, it'll then ask me to update
    which in turn will bring me right back to where I am now.

I guess I'll have try their support.

THANK YOU for responding so quickly to my query
    and the other info provided! Appreciated!

Bob

Bob, do do that.
    Magix and xara need to understand real world issues like this.

Shapes are available through the Online Content Catalogue > Components > Print & Web Components > Shapes.

I hope you are aware if you right-click on the Components folder in the Local Designs gallery, and pick Download All, this will take the OCC's Components and load into your local cache, all in one (long) go.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Smile Re: LOST MY "SHAPES" FOLDER IN LOCAL DESIGNS GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Bob, do do that.
    Magix and xara need to understand real world issues like this.

Shapes are available through the Online Content Catalogue > Components > Print & Web Components > Shapes.

I hope you are aware if you right-click on the Components folder in the Local Designs gallery, and pick Download All, this will take the OCC's Components and load into your local cache, all in one (long) go.

Acorn
    ACORN THAT DID IT! I hadn't done that in so long
    I had forgotten about the RIGHT CLICK on folder.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE REMINDER!

I work with so many softwares from print to audio to video to animation
    that it's oft hard to keep track of all the nuances etc.

Your help put a smile on this ol' guy's face.

THANKS!