Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Publishing problems

You can only have your primary website in public_html

But if your hosting package includes more, they can go in separate folders. If so publish additional sites to public_html/folder-name (Folder name indicates the name you give the folder)

So if your website is mymainsite.com and you add a new folder, cute-kittens then the URL is mymainwebsite.com/cute-kittens/

I finally got the website up and running but did it by dragging files. I would've liked to use the publishing tab in the web properties but I need some touching up on that. Not now I just wanted to conclude this thread and let you guys know that my website is live and looking ok and needs couple of touch up though. Thanks for your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    You can't save your XAR or WEB file to the web host because this is the working file. Not the HTML files needed to get your site on-line.

What you can do is File > Export Website and save to a folder on your desktop. Then upload the contents of the folder (including the sub-folder index_htm_files) to the web host.

But this is a bother when you can publish directly from Xara and make changes quickly instead of having to upload all these files each time.

Who is your web hosting company? I can check their website and see if I can determine the sub-folder you need to publish to.
    I made some changes to one page. How would I add that one updated page to my existing exported website that is saved on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I made some changes to one page. How would I add that one updated page to my existing exported website that is saved on my desktop.
    again, you simply cannot. Just Export Website to the same folder.

acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sorry but what I'm asking is how do I create two folders? One for the old and one for the updated.

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    Sorry but what I'm asking is how do I create two folders? One for the old and one for the updated.
    File > Export website. Right-click on the white space, pick New > Folder and add a folder name then Export.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Got it. Thank you so very much!!!