Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default text in guide... red dotted otline - how to change

hi, i know i could solve this real fast long ago but forgot how... i copied text to a new page and now can only see the red dotted 'guide' outline, how do i change it to normal?
    thanks in advance
    gabriel
    xara designer x10 pro v 10.1.5.3...
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Default Re: text in guide... red dotted otline - how to change

in order to show...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dotted text.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	125222  

Gabriel, select the text block and in the Page and Layer gallery drag it into the MouseOff or other display layer.
    Or Ctrl+X the text block, select the required layer and Paste in Place.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

tx acorn, as they say 'sweet like a lemon', easy peazy, it was somewhere in my brain, just needed some kick-starting... i have another problem coming up in a couple of minutes, regarding a mobile variant which gets a google error re size and would like to tap your brains, in the meantime thanks a lot! we can mark this as solved, i just don't know how...
    g

When you create a Guide Layer, the current layer stays in focus.
    I suspect you just clicked on the Guide layer without noticing.

I use the Guide Layer as a poor man's (Xara Web Designer Premium (XWDP)) way of achieving the XDPX control for View Quality, dragged to the left to see the Outlines.
    It is so tedious in XWDP to go Window > View Quality > Outline, just to select an awkward Shape.

While I'm on Guide Layers, it is annoying that to stop a Shape snapping to a Guide, you cannot disable all Guides with the Hide icon against the Guide Layer.
    It works for hidden Guide Shapes but Guideline remain active.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

We have all made this mistake more times than we would like to admit.

I would go to the Guides layer, Cut the text to the clipboard, then select Layer 1 (or MouseOff Layer for web pages) and Edit > Paste > Paste in Place.

And if you have a question relating to web design then please post in the Web Design forum.