Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: EUROPE DOES IT AGAIN!...

I'm sure that practical solutions will be found for those situations. We're not going back to the old days; it's only a readjustment, just as is happening with paid streaming services.

You trust big business much more than I do.
    I can remember when supermarkets ran at a loss until the family run corner shops were closed.
    I remember McDonalds lobbying the local council to close down the 3am street vendors by promising they would stay open...then promptly closing at 10pm once the vendors had gone.
    I remember a gym franchise dropping health and safety complaints on the local grunt and sweat gyms until they were forced to close.
    SIPA?
    PETA?

I'm pretty sure anything that big business wants won't be to help the little guy.

I wasn't talking about trusting big companies doing the right thing although many big companies do things that make life easier and more enjoyable for customers

I'm not sure why people who have been "stealing" copyrighted items for ever, are now complaining that the copyright holders are ruining the internet. If it belongs to someone else, then either buy the rights to use it, or don't use it - but don't complain that you can no longer steal it!
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

ok pauland "You win the prize for the most backlinks on TG!"
    and handrawn "
    and maybe for the most posts from a regular user with 'shouting' thread titles "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have it your way... you're two veterans here and can easily spot members such as myself... who obviously must have an agenda... (caught me)
    I guess what 'thought' was participation, you guys deem something else? Fair enough...

whatever links I can remove, I will.. and I'll be careful with my thread titles in the future... wouldn't want to overstep...

Thanks

Cliff

Can't resist trying to balance things out (and at the same time attempt to feel right clever!). Anyhow, apologies Cliff in advance for this tit-for-tat and tongue-in-cheek posting.

NORTH AMERICA DOES IT AGAIN...

"A country-level comparison reveals that the US is the world leader in image theft."

https://www.copytrack.com/global-inf...t-report-2019/
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022

We Aussie's are an honest bunch. Ned Kelly was an outlier and doesn't count.

Chris I have to agree with Boy re practical solutions

I never had any issues with the UK PRS system myself...

Cliff
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    We Aussie's are an honest bunch. Ned Kelly was an outlier and doesn't count.
    What about Ben Hall?

Ben Hall??? Never heard of hm. He was just another outlier anyway. Europeans creating problems when there aren't any. Pfft, Ben Hall, sounds like a European name anyway, bet he wasn't an Aussie at all. One of those ten quid Pommies or criminal thingos you dumped on our best surfing beaches. Nope, we Aussies are as clean as those chimney's you lot used to stuff small children up in 2015 or some such time.