Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
Chris I have to agree with Boy re practical solutions

I never had any issues with the UK PRS system myself...

Cliff
That's the point. Those particular Article laws are NOT practical. Nobody has the tech to police the delivery of data to that degree. Google is a leader, if not THE leader in this type of thing and they've continually stuffed up with their policing on YouTube. Soundcloud lost literally thousands of subscribers when Universal jumped in and the ban hammer was wielded with abandon. You may be looking at it from a purely personal perspective and not how it affects a lot of others from reviewers to cover artists to comedians. Where does it stop?

These 2 articles have simply shifted the problem from one place to another. The small and individual copyright holders will still be floundering, but the large agencies have been handed some heavy artillery. An example is the recent banning of a YouTuber (forget his name) who had a pretty large channel, was monetised and doing very nicely reviewing movies. He gave a poor review of the latest Marvel movie and was hit with a strike...the good reviews stayed. He contested and was hit again. He had no choice but to bow down or lose his channel and income. There are plenty of stories with the same outcome. It's given large corporations the power to decide what is posted.

Let me state once again that I'm not in favour of piracy, but I'm not in favour vigilantes either. Frying pan and fire, and I fear the fire is way larger than the frying pan.