Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Table when copied does not perform correctly

Using WEB Designer premium Ver 16. Composing a Table from Gallery works fine, but when I copy and paste to another site page a) it displays the border dialogue box and b) once you alter the padding it brings in the "Caption" header and this along with the border dialogue box cannot be deleted/hidden.
    Any ideas please.

Default Re: Table when copied does not perform correctly

Getting none of this.

Which Smart Table? Could you upload a file with this problem?

Have you run the application as Administrator since the Update or even restarted your machine?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn Apologies for delay. I have version 16 on my laptop where I layout pages etc and sometimes send files to my PC, which is running version 15, it is from my PC that I finish and publish the site. I have just discovered that that version 16 has many more and different features for "Tables" than Version 15. It was on version 16 that I had the problems. I think it wise to hold this thread at this point until I aware of the tables on version 15 and then come back if I need to. I was using table 01 but had adjusted columns etc.

Thanks for responding.

Quote Originally Posted by golfertel View Post
    Acorn Apologies for delay. I have version 16 on my laptop where I layout pages etc and sometimes send files to my PC, which is running version 15, it is from my PC that I finish and publish the site. I have just discovered that that version 16 has many more and different features for "Tables" than Version 15. It was on version 16 that I had the problems. I think it wise to hold this thread at this point until I aware of the tables on version 15 and then come back if I need to. I was using table 01 but had adjusted columns etc.

Thanks for responding.
    Interesting as the v16 Table 01 has a Name "templateMinProgramVersion:15.1.0", indicating it should work in v15.
    I tried it in v12.8 and it is as you describe in that all you have are a collection of grouped shapes with no Smarts.

In my v15.1, it appears to be functional.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It works OK in 15, however the outer padding feature is very iffy and when using it switches on the "Table Caption" feature and you cannot switch it off. If I'm aware of these little problems I can work around it. It certainly has some good features, version 16 is really good but has a few bugs. I think I will live with this and hope that the 16 version when I upgrade has been ironed out.

Thanks again.