Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Is there any way to Select To End?

Let's say I want to insert a new section and want to move everything down to create a space for it.

Example: A gallery page of past theatre performances and every time a show closes it goes above the other past show photo galleries (most recent first)

I want to move everything down to create a space to put it.

Is there a Select To End tool? If I use Select All and try to deselect certain items it messes everything up. If I try to select all the different components of each photo gallery plus the separate text boxes it gets confusing and it is easy to miss some making a mess when you try to move it all.

EDIT:
    1. Changed the "normal nudge distance" from 1 px to 10 px under Utilities / Options / General
    2. Used the Page & Layer Gallery to select each item I wanted to move down
    3. Held down Shift Key while pressing Down arrow key which moved the groups I selected down 10 times the nudge distance. Switched to the Ctrl Key and down arrow key to nudge it at 5 times the nudge distance to fine tune the position.

Went faster, but a Select To End Tool would be handy.

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by craftech; 24 March 2019 at 05:12 PM.

Default Re: Is there any way to Select To End?

Have a look at Auto-fit to Page.

By selecting objects to remain the same distance to the Bottom, when you grow the page, these move down tied to the page length.
    The other options need exploring rather than explaining but done properly are very powerful.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Is there any way to Select To End?

Thanks Acorn,

I'll try that.

John