Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool Hello, Good Evening, and Your Welcome... :-)

Hello there everyone.

Nice forums you have here.

Let me introduce myself and tell you a bit about me.

My name is Steve, and I work as a VFX/SFX Supervisor for an effects house and via others such as 20th Century, Mimas Entertainment, Pixar, ILM, TNG Group, Disney, Bla bla....

However, my original profession was as a programmer back in the good old days of the ZX81, Spectrum, Dragon, Amiga etc.

I live in England, down in the Kent area, and I have a cat (and a wife) and overall life is good.

OK so that's a bit about me, now on to the post...........

Recently a great forum (it was for Paintshop Pro) closed down and now, sadly, I'm at a bit of a loss.

I love helping people with their artwork and have written many tutorials for various forums, but I now have nowhere to call my home as there are not many forums out there left that deal with user artwork....most are either learning based or are high end forums that deal with top-tree work from professionals.

So here I am... Ready to lend a hand and help anyone out with anything I can....And don't worry... If I do critique your art, I will be nice.

Finally, just to show you a few pics that I have done so you have an idea what I can do, here's some for you to look at (they have been reduced in size because of bandwidth)............

First a few Manga 2D pics....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	look_what_i_found.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	123741

Name:	night_in_the_city.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	123742

Now a couple of 3D pics....

Name:	london_burning.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	123743

Name:	beauty.jpg 
Views:	374 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	123744

So... thats me....but as I said.... If anyone needs a hand with graphics, or animation, just PM me or post and I will do my best.

Cheers!

Default Re: Hello, Good Evening, and Your Welcome... :-)

Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Most of our members use Xara graphics software packages. But we do have a 3D forum which might be a good place to introduce yourself. https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...12-3D-Graphics

Xara is headquartered in UK so you'll find a lot of fellow countrypersons here.

Welcome to TalkGraphics, Arriax
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks for the welcome. I remember using xara (the one which you could animate text) years ago....Will have to take a look at what your products are now.

Most of our members use Xara graphics software packages. But we do have a 3D forum which might be a good place to introduce yourself. https://www.talkgraphics.com/forumdi...12-3D-Graphics
    Ok thanks for that gwpriester I will go there tomorrow.

Welcome to TG Arriax.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host