Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A 3-FOLD 8 1/2 X 11 BROCHURE CREATION FOR ANOTHER CLIENT

Another XARA creation dump on the forum...

This is a 3-fold Brochure with bleed (not shown) I did for a gal starting a business. (names numbers websites changed for the post).

I love doing stuff like this in XARA... Hope the screenshots do it justice...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OUTSIDE.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	126.2 KB 
ID:	123736 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	INSIDE.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	123737

So this gets exported as a 300 dpi CMYK PDF and sent to the printer... I never cease to be confused about matching the colors and different PDF formats, but it seem to work out in the end...
    Some printers want TIFF files - and I could never figure out why. So each page would have to exported (at the bleed size) to TIFF. Just don't know why they wouldn't use PDF these days...
    ...maybe something to do with color? Who knows? I just do what they ask. LOL They don't have to know that I know diddly about this stuff. LOL

I just walk in and play is cool, acting like the graphics professional I'm not... (FUN!) "Sure, no problem... TIFF? PDF? JPG? PNG? 1/4" bleed 1/8" bleed?... no prob. whatever you need" LOL
    When I turn it in... if they say "good", I turn, roll my eyes up and say... "whew! get me outta here."

There are some real printing pros here on the forum... that's where I got a lot of info from that helped me begin to do this kind of stuff... but it's coming together slowly...

Cliff
    http://pianomagicnewsletter.com/ (never done - never time for me)

Default Re: A 3-FOLD 8 1/2 X 11 BROCHURE CREATION FOR ANOTHER CLIENT

Looking pretty good, Cliff, you've got a designers eye!

Cool. What if you brought the blond lady in front of that shape?

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Cool. What if you brought the blond lady in front of that shape?
    I 100% agree! Thanks Gary... that head definitely belongs on top of the graphic for that... 'look'. You know... that what do ya call it.... that... 'look'. Maybe a bit 3D_ish kinda thing.... LOL Just havin' some fun...

Thanks again Gary!

Being part of your fan club, I feel I have to be honest and say I find this one too 'templatey'. It's missing the Cliff factor.

Don't get me wrong, it's very effective and does it's job perfectly but I daren't zoom in for fear of finding the Shutterstock logo That's actually quite a compliment. Companies throw tons of time and money at templates!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Being part of your fan club, I feel I have to be honest and say I find this one too 'templatey'. It's missing the Cliff factor.

Don't get me wrong, it's very effective and does it's job perfectly but I daren't zoom in for fear of finding the Shutterstock logo That's actually quite a compliment. Companies throw tons of time and money at templates!
    Chris... you broke my heart bro. But I agree... It's definitely 'templatey'... but definitely not template based. Two things here...

1) Believe it or not, the ONLY thing/idea I borrowed from another brochure was the curved thingy at the bottom... the rest is all me. LOL
    The only logo I used was her company logo supplied by her... and all the other pics... Public Domain CC stuff.

2) She showed me a half dozen brochures that she liked and they all were very similar to what I created...
    "I want it to look like these if you can" I took pieces/ideas from about 3 of them and put it all together...

This one was strictly business. No fun... No creativity... No playin' around with stuff... Just a business brochure..

Thanks as always

Cliff

Got a call tonight from a friend of a friend who has a Venetian Blind business and wants a flyer.... That'll be a whopping 20 bucks I'll be depositing this week... (Whoo-Hoo!!! Let the good times roll!)

Quote Originally Posted by cmpan1 View Post
    1) Believe it or not, the ONLY thing/idea I borrowed from another brochure was the curved thingy at the bottom... the rest is all me.
    In that case I shall re-pin my badge.

Name:	CMPAN1 Club.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	123739

Looks more like one of those Ninja throw weapons than a badge.

Went for a Ninja mask, but ended up with whatever this is...

Name:	Ninny Jar.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	123740