Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Update Service Expiration - renewal date question

Xara Web Designer is alerting me on launch that my subscription to the Updates Service expires on 6 April 2019, and offers me the option to renew.

If I proceed with a renewal now, will the new 365 days I pay for be added on to the time remaining on my current subscription, or do I need to wait until the last day of my current subscription to get a full year from the new subscription?

Default Re: Update Service Expiration - renewal date question

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    Xara Web Designer is alerting me on launch that my subscription to the Updates Service expires on 6 April 2019, and offers me the option to renew.
    If I proceed with a renewal now, will the new 365 days I pay for be added on to the time remaining on my current subscription, or do I need to wait until the last day of my current subscription to get a full year from the new subscription?
    Your new date will become 09 April 2020 if you subscribe early. [Despite it being a 365-day update service in a Leap Year].

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, Acorn. Why 9 April, and not 7 April (given that my current service expires on 6 April)?

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    Thanks, Acorn. Why 9 April, and not 7 April (given that my current service expires on 6 April)?
    Fat fingers, I thought 6 and typed 9!

I did get a reply though.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Lol - thanks, Acorn! I thought you must know some magic formula that I didn't!

I'll go ahead and renew, then...