Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default SEO Web Properties-Website and Page Tabs

I'm only interested in search engine optimization. Is it advisable to fill out the website tab on all pages along with the page tab for all pages on the page tab? I know I need to fill out all pages on the page tab but I'm just not clear on the website tab.

Default Re: SEO Web Properties-Website and Page Tabs

Quote Originally Posted by again View Post
    I'm only interested in search engine optimization. Is it advisable to fill out the website tab on all pages along with the page tab for all pages on the page tab? I know I need to fill out all pages on the page tab but I'm just not clear on the website tab.
    Anything you write in a Page overwrites the Website detail (Title, Description & Keywords).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Please see screenshot. In the web properties Page under filename it says index. Can I change this to homepage since this is my homepage properties? There's also a note with the red arrow in the screenshot. Thank you
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xara1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	123725

Please see screenshot. In the web properties Page under filename it says index. Can I change this to homepage since this is my homepage properties? There's also a note with the red arrow in the screenshot. Thank you

Name:	xara1.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	123725
    If you do, you will need to ensure your .htaccess file handle the redirect as it will be expecting index.htm or index.html.

Otherwise all references to your site, instead of being URL: <site>.com will have to be <site>.com/homepage.htm.

Keep it as index.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Okay, I will keep the homepage as index. Just so that I'm sure and I'm still a dummy (ha-ha) let me please ask this question. Pages two through five are named various names. For instance: about me, pricing, services and contact. Is that okay for those pages to be named like that? And I will keep the first page named as index. Thank you!

Okay, I will keep the homepage as index. Just so that I'm sure and I'm still a dummy (ha-ha) let me please ask this question. Pages two through five are named various names. For instance: about me, pricing, services and contact. Is that okay for those pages to be named like that? And I will keep the first page named as index. Thank you!
    again, the "about me" one ought to be 'aboutme' as the space will probably be changed to about%20me.htm, making the URL look weird. The Page Title can be "About Me" - normal, readable phrasing.

Acorn

Just so that absolutely on the same page you are. I took a screen shot so you can see. You are talking about no spaces between page title words as in "about us" or any other pages in the page gallery? It should be, aboutus videoservice and so on? Thank you!

Name:	xara2.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	123726

The arrow is pointing to the Page Filename. These should not have spaces as the URL (address) path cannot accommodate spaces and replaces them with %20.
    You can have anything you like as the Page Title. It is this that SEO is concerned about and that you focus on too as it appears as the tab label in the browser.

Acorn

So I would guess when I create new pages with Xara in the filename it creates spaces between the words. I wonder why it does that?

So I would guess when I create new pages with Xara in the filename it creates spaces between the words. I wonder why it does that?
    It doesn't unless the page before has a space.

Xara copies the previous adjacent filename and appends '-a' if not hypenated and increments to the next letter in the alphabet - if 'fred quimby-g' was the previous, Xara creates a new 'fred quimby-h'.

Acorn