Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating tables in the trial version

I'm still testing out this product. Now trying to create a table so I can import an Excel spreadsheet. But it appears I can only do this when I purchase the product. Not quite what I had in mind.

Am I correct in that there is no way I can test out this feature?

Cheers

Alan

Default Re: Creating tables in the trial version

Alan, no ideal what is blocked in the trial.

I am sure Xara will not mind if you have a look into this file: Blank Table09.xar.

Remember it is a Tab Separated Variable tableset you need to Paste into the top-left cell in Text mode.

All you get iimported is pure data, not formatting...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

Many thanks, yes, it does what i expect. So thanks for that.

I assum the the same limitations are with forms. I want to test out creating an email form, but the component says "buy" when I try and access the catalogue.

I'm a bit disappointed with the trial version to be honest. A lot of what I want to do needs me to pay out before I can find out if it works for me or not.

Ho hum. Such is life

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sh View Post
    Acorn,

Many thanks, yes, it does what i expect. So thanks for that.
    I assum the the same limitations are with forms. I want to test out creating an email form, but the component says "buy" when I try and access the catalogue.
    I'm a bit disappointed with the trial version to be honest. A lot of what I want to do needs me to pay out before I can find out if it works for me or not.
    Ho hum. Such is life Alan
    Don't hold your breath over email forms as there, by necessity, have to be third party widgets. As such they do the job.

Xara designs are static HTML and do not expect any smarts from the web servers, so no PHP.
    If you have a web provider that allows PHP (Note, Magix does not) then you can create your own email program.

If no, then the fall-back are the third party widgets.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat