Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Importing a website created with Xara Designer Pro X from an FTP site.

Hi. I cannot say enough good things about Designer Pro X. It is fantastic.

My question: If a web site was uploaded from Designer Pro X and put in a hosting site, is there a way to download the files back into the Designer Pro X program to work on the site? Of course I have access to the FTP site and have the passwords etc. This situation could be useful for two people working on the site.

I hope my question is clear.

Most respectfully

GJM

Default Re: Importing a website created with Xara Designer Pro X from an FTP site.

I can;t answer specifically, but in general, programs like these (and WebPlus and WYSIWYG) will save the 'work' in a proprietry format and then publish pages to the hosting site as HTML code. As far as I know there is no way to 'reverse engineer' HTML code back into one of the proprietry formats.

Now, if you want two or more people to work on the code, then need to have access to the .web file (in the case of Xara) so it needs to (a) be in an area accessible by both and (b) be accessable at the same time if you both want to access it together. The former is very easy to do (think dropbox); the latter much much harder.

Does that help at all?

Alan

Default Re: Importing a website created with Xara Designer Pro X from an FTP site.

There is a way by using Xara Cloud.

After the website is published and the .web file is saved in DropBox you can share a link to the work file with others. Then they can republish after making changes.

Worth looking into. Sorry not providing more details this very moment.

https://cloud.ixara.com/

https://www.xara.com/design/smart-collaboration/

Yes, I think that's what I meant with the 'dropbox' mention. Same principle.

Alan