Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I embed some html code - but not at the top of the page?

Good afternoon all. I'm just starting to look at Web Designer to see if it's a good replacement for Serif WebPlus. So far, it's not bad. But I want to be able to insert an iFrame with some html inside it into one of my pages. I know I can do that if there is nothing on the page (insert into body), but, I have a heading and a menu that I need to fit above the iFrame.

So, how do I do that?

if you want an example, have a look here http://www.penninescouts.org.uk/nan.html

Thanks for any advice

Alan
    PS - my first post on this forum - be nice to me

Default Re: How do I embed some html code - but not at the top of the page?

Alan, congrats for toeing the water.

Your design page will have three objects: Heading, Menu, Box.

Create the Box with the Rectangle Tool to the wanted IFRAME size.
    It can be any shape but a box is clearest.

Select it and go to its Web Properties > Placeholder and click the HTML code (body).
    Your <iframe src="...">###</frame> code goes here.
    Press the OK button and then the OK/Apply button on the Web Properties dialog.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

Many thanks - works perfectly.

Update - yes it does, but the phone variant isn't that good. Just trying it by resizing a web browser and it does all sorts of funny things. Still, I have another 25 days to try it out.

Alan

Try creating the website variant from scratch rather than resizing the main variant one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Sh View Post
    Update - yes it does, but the phone variant isn't that good. Just trying it by resizing a web browser and it does all sorts of funny things. Still, I have another 25 days to try it out.
    Alan
    Alan, the Variant shares the same page code as the Main. If the IFRAME uses the same name or id in both, your code will wibble.

Note Variants are not adaptive; they are designed to a width to suit a particular device type: PC, laptop, book, tablet, phone.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ah, I was hoping for something a little cleaner. But it's still better than WP8 for responsive sites (tbh, the main reason I am moving away).

Still, onwards and upwards.

Cheers

Alan