Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Optimizing all images how many times?

When is the best time to do this for the whole site? Also if done throughout web development a few times, does it degrade the already images considering jpg files do degrade quality wise.

Default Re: Optimizing all images how many times?

I'm not sure there IS a best time, but I can say with confidence that if you optimise 5 pictures, then add another and optimise again, only the added picture will be optimised.

You will have a dialogue box pop up saying '5 images optimised' do it again and it will say '0 Images Optimised'. It will not degrade images over and over.

Images that are already optimised are ignored, it doesn't keep degrading the quality of them. I would suggest optimising nearing the end of your website, as this will give you the flexibility to resize your images as needed whilst designing and creating.

In the very unlikely event that you start running out of memory, you can also consider doing it then.

Think we have an article on it here: https://help.xara.com/article/41-pho...on-within-xara . Think it's up to date, haven't reviewed it in a while.

Thanks
    Rob

Thanks Rob.